The aim of the course is to acquaint the participants with the up-to-date status of the field. The basic principles of plasma physics will be summarized at the beginning of the course. The course will offer a broadening of knowledge in plasma physics, and in the interaction of plasmas with surfaces including a description of advanced diagnostics. All lectures and discussions will be held in English.
Well-known experts in the field will present lectures in the following areas:
* fundamentals of plasma physics
* plasma sources
* thermal and low pressure plasmas
* atomic processes
* electron kinetics
* diagnostics and plasma spectroscopy
* plasma-surface interactions
The program is will be online here.
Master Class 2016: Plasma synthesis of nanoparticles
Arrival: Thursday evening
The program will be online here.
Luís L. Alves, International Chair
Vasco Guerra, International co-Chair
Local Scientific Organizing Committee (RUB)
Verena M. Scharf
Volker Schulz-von der Gathen
Achim von Keudell
- Research Department "Plasmas with Complex Interactions", RUB
- Instituto Superior Técnico (IST)
- Research Department "Plasmas with Complex Interactions", Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany
- SFB-TR 87 (Transregional Collaborative Research Center): Pulsed high power plasmas for the synthesis of nanostructured functional layers